A. Objection to Associate Judge

A party desiring a trial before the referring court rather than the associate judge need only to object to the associate-judge referral. The objection must be filed not later than the 10th day after the date the party receives notice that the associate will hear the trial. If an objection is filed, the referring court shall hear the trial on the merits or preside at a jury trial, if a jury demand has been timely made. Tex. Fam. Code ยง 201.005(c).